Just 45 minutes by boat from Ngapali Beach lies a blissful hideaway where tourism has yet to leave its mark. This is Maung Shwe Lay, a fishing village set on a quiet bay with white sands and swaying palm trees. For those looking to unwind, Maung Shwe Lay’s beaches are the perfect place to do so. For outdoorsy adventurers, the surrounding area is a veritable natural playground with hills to hike, paddy fields to explore by bike and coral reefs for snorkelling.
Lalay Lodge is more than just place to rest your head. A stay at Lalay Lodge is an opportunity to experience and connect with unspoiled nature and the sense of community that is at the core of daily life in Maung Shwe Lay. Here is what to expect:
· Go with the flow: Life moves at its own pace here and we encourage guests to do the same- take off your watch, turn off your alarms and let the days unfold naturally.
· Eat locally: Meals are prepared by chefs from Maung Shwe Lay village, using local products and traditional recipes. The menu changes daily, ensuring each meal is a fresh farm-to-table experience.
· Minimize your impact on the environment: your stay will be powered by solar energy, grey water re-used for the garden and no single use plastic is used.
· Your stay provides a vital income to villagers who work as staff or local suppliers at Lalay Lodge.
· Embrace authentic experiences: Lalay Lodge is in a local community, not in the heart of a city. Your soundtrack will be provided by the sea lapping on the shores, the roosters crowing in the distance and the fishermen coming home. Your daily interactions will be with villagers whose service and hospitality comes from the heart, not from the script of a five-star hotel.
Ready to book with us? Have a question about our rooms or services? We'll be happy to help!
Maung Shwe Lay Beach, Ngapali, Myanmar
Promotion Room rate include transfers by tuk tuk and boat from Thandwe airport and all meals 120 Usd / night
Re-opened since Jan 2021 as we have all Covid-19 regulations in place.
Fill in the booking form and click on "book button". We will answer your request as soon as possible
It’s time for the beach!
People say that vitamin D is good for the body and mind and that it helps to bring you in an upbeat mood. Apparently, regular sun exposure is the most natural way to get enough vitamin D.
A new sustainable lodge is aiming to lure more longhaul travellers to Myanmar’s untouched coastline, while giving back to the community.
Edwin Briels, managing director of Khiri Travel Myanmar and co-founder of Lalay Lodge, which opened in February on the coast of remote Maung Shwe Lay in Ngapali as a sustainable lodge that works hand-in-hand with villagers,
"Lalay Lodge is situated just south of Thandwe in the village of Maung Shwe Lay. The staff are from the village, the cuisine from Rakhine State, and one of the hotel’s three dogs – Bro, Blaize and Wonky – are likely to join guests on their hike up to the adjacent hill to watch the sun set into the Bay of Bengal. "
Check out this great video
Check out this great video
Copyright © 2021 Lalay Lodge - All Rights Reserved.